ALOHA

ALOHA from KAUAI !

My Blog List

Saturday, January 22, 2011

ask a scientist .com

I tried ask a scientist.com and did not get any answers four different times. I asked if there were any adaptations for the humpback whale. I also asked if their cells did something special to help them survive with out food during the winter months. Nothing. It was a bit dissapointing. Then I figured I would try to put these questions in more simple terms and they came up with a close question. "What is the genetic function of homosexuality?" I wondered what does this have to do with whales? Well the article was very interesting and spoke of how a whales can be homosexual, and how whale and a dolphin can produce offstring. But it just was not very helpful in answering my question. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Finally got an answer-The humpback whale along with many other animal species can be homosexual. This genetic trait appears to be a common way for animals to get more exercise. It was also noted that they seem to find sex with the same sex very pleasureable. Not the answer I expected. However, it sure says a lot to those homophobic people who say homosexuality is unnatural. By contrast, it appears to be very natural indeed-not common-but natural.

    ReplyDelete